Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Friday, February 3, 2012

STEVE AOKI, DATSIK & ALVIN RISK at The Fillmore, Denver CO 1/26/12

Last Thursday, Kevin and I went to see Steve Aoki and Datsik on their "Deadmeat Tour." I was so happy to get to catch a show from this tour! As soon as I saw a poster promoting this show back in November I knew we had to go just because these two artists together seemed too good to miss out on. I had heard great things about Alvin Risk before the show as well (an opener at the show) and he was awesome! He had a very interesting style that I really enjoyed and I'm looking forward to seeing him again in the future.

Datsik - The Fillmore, Denver CO 1/26/12
I'll have to admit this wasn't my favorite set from Datsik, but that was probably because I've gotten so lucky in the past with him playing all of my favorites when I've seen him. He also had a bit of light trouble and had to yell at the lights guy during his set because he apparently couldn't see any of his controllers due to the green light that was beaming down on him. Datsik is one of my favorite dubstep artists but I wish he would upgrade his lights! He's got a "Datsik" light logo that he displays in front of him at shows (as shown above), but he needs something else to add to his concert experience. I'm hoping he's in the process of saving up for something because I know how expensive that stuff is. Let's hope for something from him soon because he's too good not to have something sick!

Steve Aoki - The Fillmore, Denver CO 1/26/12
Steve Aoki's set was craaaazy. But what's new? I have seen Steve Aoki before at Ultra and Starscape music festivals, but not in it's entirety. I have never been there specificly for him and this time I'm glad I was. He is so much fun! He stands up on his own light stage probably 20 times throughout his set, pops champagne, pies people in the face, blasts confetti, throws out innertubes for people to crowd surf on.. sometimes crowd surfs himself/stage dives.. he's fun. His style of music is also not what I usually go to see in concert, but he put a great set together and I really enjoyed it. He also just remixed one of Bassnectar's songs: Red Step (Steve Aoki Remix). Check out my video from the show below. (Mute my music playlist first!)


Yep, I caught him poppin' champagne in the beginning of this one - and spraying it all over the crowd I might add! You can also hear "Warp" starting around 2 minutes in this video. I love that song! And aren't his lights cool? I love the "AOKI" letter lights. Kind of like Rusko's letter lights! The show was lots of fun. I can't believe they are playing in venues this big on this tour, yet also playing in tiny venues in other states! For example, they are playing at The Greene Street Club in Greensboro, NC. This club actually can hold a good amount of people, it just blows my mind they are playing there because every time I've been to a show there it's been such a small crowd! If you are one of my NC readers, GO TO THIS SHOW! It's on February 13th and you can buy tickets right HERE.

Steve Aoki - The Fillmore, Denver CO 1/26/12
Love and Light tomorrow night at Larimer Lounge with Project Aspect!

See yaaaz.
-Kaycie

No comments:

Post a Comment