Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Years Eve - Bassnectar at the Tabernacle

What better way could you think of than to spend your New Years Eve at the famous Tabernacle with Bassnectar, my favorite music artist. I sure didn't think of doing anything else! 
After speaking with Lorin after the Raleigh Bassnectar show about how fast new years was going to sell out, I was ready at 9am (tickets didn't go on sale until 10am) on October 10th, 2010. Three THOUSAND tickets sold out within 10 minutes. That means (at least for the most part) that if you were in attendance at the Tabernacle on December 31st, 2010, it wasn't by chance. True Bassnectar fans were there which made for an amazing crowd and awesome experience on this night. Ana Sia was one of the opening acts for Bassnectar, and she was great! I had to keep myself from dancing too much because I knew if I didn't I wouldn't have any energy left for Bassnectar! And boy I'm glad I was full of energy because Lorin led the show for almost 3 hours straight. We had no idea it was going to last that long, much less start when it did! Lorin didn't come on the stage until about 11:45, and he started teasing the crowd with the count down build up at about 11:55. The beginning of his show was the countdown, and he didn't stop the show until sometime around 2:30. We were told he was going to start at 11 and end around 12:30, so this was a wonderful surprise! Below is the video Kevin took of the countdown on my camera. I wasn't going to capture this moment because I wanted to be 100% IN the moment but Kevin fortunately volunteered to video it for me, so I didn't turn down the offer!


After the balloons dropped and the music slowed down (as you can hear in the video) "Here we go" started playing. I love it when he plays his older songs like this one...and I literally was crying with happiness when this one started. Bassnectar concerts are just so extremely hype and when you're deep in the crowd, it's the most fun experience (to me) that there is out there. Kevin & I committed from the beginning not to worry about trying to keep up with everyone and to just focus our attention on the Lorin and the show. Unfortunately at events of this kind, it's hard to stay with your big group of friends the whole time. However on this night, it was a good idea because eventually Kevin & I made it up to the front left railing and it was surprisingly not that crowded up there either. This picture below is on the front railing and I got a nice security guard to take a picture of us.


Also, since Kevin & I were so close, we knew the "family photo cue" was coming sooner than later. As soon as we saw Lia (Bassnectars awesome assistant) sneak on stage, we knew it was time and as soon as Lorin announced it, we pushed through the crowd to be closer to the center so I could make it in the family photo, and it worked! I am on the bottom level on the far right (on Kevins shoulders so that's the only reason you can see me) wearing a purple tank top. I love this picture so much!
New Years at the Tabernacle was seriously so much fun and I give this venue an A++. Like I've said before, a venue can really make or break the concert, but this awesome venue plus an already hype Bassnectar loving crowd equaled an amazing New Years Eve. Lorin put on a show on December 30th at this same venue for all the people who couldn't get tickets for the 31st, except this show sold out just as fast, so I'm sure there were still a lot of people out there that wanted to go but couldn't. Apparently, both of the shows were completely different as well. Kevin and I have both talked to a few friends that went on the 30th and he played completely different songs both nights - so I'm sure if you went to both, they were both awesome. I was bummed that he didn't play "Wildstyle" or "Falling" on the 31st, but that gives me even more to look forward to for shows in the future..because hearing it live is so different than hearing it sitting on your bed. Below is another one of my videos that I took when Lorin made it snow. Check it out :)


Do I have you finally convinced that you need to see Bassnectar? GOOD because if you're reading this blog, you most likely know me which means you're most likely in North Carolina and have no reason not to attend the Basscenter on February 19th in Asheville. See ya there!!!

PS- check out this video I found that one of the crew took when it "snowed" during Bassnectar. I wish I could work behind the scenes!

No comments:

Post a Comment