Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Monday, April 18, 2011

SURPRISE! I went to BASSNECTAR at the NORVA in Norfolk, VA 4/17/11


Spontaneous? Me? Not usually...but yesterday Kevin & I definitely were. Bassnectar's Spring Tour was announced weeks ago and we had considered going to the Norfolk, VA show but figured it was too far away for a Sunday night when Kevin had class at 8am the next morning. Then after the show sold out we knew we definitely weren't going because tickets on all websites were over $100 each. Then at 3:30pm yesterday in Winston-Salem, NC (a 5 hour drive from Norfolk) Kevin decided to randomly look up tickets for Bassnectar and found two for $35...so DUH we had to go! We literally left Winston the second we got packed and made our way to Norfolk. I AM SO GLAD WE DID!!!
Bassnectar during "Pink Elephants"
We literally made it to the venue 15 minutes before Bassnectar came on. I was extra excited about this Bassnectar show because I knew all of the ambassadors working this specific one! (Bassnectar Ambassador's now have the option to work at any show if they want to/can.. cool right?) Kevin & I somehow got up to the front railing on the left side and any words that I use right now to describe this show will just be an understatement on how good it was. It was just like New Years Eve for me all over again. I was so close, and 100% into the concert the whole time. I never left my spot either! Tears came out when he started playing and this happened to me on New Years Eve too, so I'm not sure if it's because both times his intro included "Here We Go" or if it's just because the intro to any Bassnectar show is AWE-SOME. I seriously can't even describe the feeling but I was so happy last night and I am just so glad Kevin had the idea to go last minute because it was so much fun. I'm actually embarrassingly and extremely sore today. Yeah.. my neck & back. I guess being on the front rail allows one to jam a little harder than normal and well, I feel like I got in a car wreck! Haha! (Hope I'm recovered for Pretty Lights tomorrow!) But anyways...after this amazing concert, I stuck around the front to talk to the ambassadors more, and Lia too of course (Bassnectar's assistant). Lorin was standing on top of the speakers (or whatever those things were?) signing autographs and I was waiting patiently for my chance to get to speak to him and make sure he realized who I was...


...and he did!!! I told him I just wanted to say hello because I was one of his ambassadors and he goes, "You're "KCDAV!!!!!" (hence my twitter username) Haha, I was SO happy he knew who I was! He then proceeded to tell me that he loved the picture I tweeted of Phillip Irwin's shirt when I was at Ultra, and then he asked me if I wanted to come up on stage and be in the AmBASSador picture with him and the ones that worked that night! So of course I did, and the picture that Kevin took for me was unfortunately blurry, so I'm currently waiting for Lia to upload the ones she took that will be on Bassnectar's website. I'll add it on here as soon as she uploads it! And if you're interested, my blurry one and all the other pictures I took last night are on Facebook in my "Basscapades" album. Below are three videos I took, and then a picture of Kevin & me with the ambassadors and Lia Holland.


Kevin & me with Ambassadors & Lia
Can't wait for my next Bassnectar adventure! :-D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added 4/23/11 - as promised, here is the picture I got to take with the AmBASSadors and Lorin after the Norfolk, VA show on April 17th
Ambassadors & Lorin, aka Bassnectar
Visit Bassnectar's website to view pictures taken at every show!

3 comments:

  1. Hehe the same thing happened to me in uhhhhhh Feb 2008... I saw him on the street and I was like "HEY" and he goes "OH STacy! Hi" (I sent him emails through myspace) he is pretty epic like that. You should check out my LATEST blog post http://juiceboxb0x.blogspot.com/2011/04/me-music-bassnectar.html it is a ridiculously long blog about why Bassnectar means so much to me. And yeah HOLLA! I blog about myself, learning disabilities, anxiety, and music being my remedy. I also live in Denver....waiting on to see if I am accepted into Music Business school but if not I will be getting a Mass Comm. major, assuming you have a communications degree since you are wanting to go into PR? We should chat :) BTW I'm Stacy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at "The Boulder Theatre Feb 2008" for the same experience ;) I really think you'll appreciate my blog post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently started writing some songs, but I didn't have the skills to master them on my own.  Check out this online mixing studio, they had great prices!

    ReplyDelete