Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Friday, January 6, 2012

PRETTY LIGHTS on NEW YEARS EVE - 1st Bank Center in Colorado!

Pretty Lights NYE - 1st Bank Center - Broomfield, CO
I've seen Pretty Lights 8 times now and this time was by far my favorite! Derek really put on a great show this New Years Eve and I'm so glad he is was in Colorado for my friends and me to see him. Everyone knows Pretty Lights has awesome lights.. hence the name - but he also has high quality lasers that really make the visual experience spectacular. I experienced this show from the very back of the venue and it was really awesome to get to see the lights from this view since I'm usually up pretty close at shows. I got a really good video of his visuals below, check it out (and remember to mute my music playlist).


Derek dropped some sick new songs on New Years too. I'm talkin' songs with BASS! I can't wait for him to release all of his new music he's been saving for his live shows. The songs he played on this night all flowed so perfectly too. He played a lot of "oldies but goodies" and gave us a good amount of new stuff. And of course he played "I Know The Truth" - one of his newest songs that everyone seems to go crazy for at his shows! He also played "Pretty Lights vs Radiohead vs Nirvana vs NIN" which I really like even more now. Check out my other video of right before the midnight countdown when he played "The Final Countdown." Gets crazyyy!



After midnight Derek played, "After Midnight"!!! I was SO excited! I've always wanted to hear this song live and obviously New Years Eve was a great time for him to play it (after creating it for his New Years Eve show in 2010). All sorts of balloons and confetti dropped from the ceiling at 12 and everyone was going crazy. I also saw that Derek was wearing a GoPro camera on his head during the show and "cheers'ing" with champagne at midnight!!! How cool!

Derek from Pretty Lights - Celebrating New Years Eve!
Towards the end of the show when Derek was telling everybody about how much he loves Colorado (where he's from) he threw this visual up on his screens. His normal city lights with Colorado mountains in the background! The crowd definitely loved this... not to mention he was playing a new sick song when this happened.

Pretty Lights - Colorado mountains!
I caught Zedd before Pretty Lights and he was definitely getting the crowd pumped for the night! He played some intense dubstep songs that everyone seemed to enjoy. Here's a picture I took of the crowd while he was playing (behind the stage!) 
ZEDD before Pretty Lights on New Years Eve
This really was such a great concert/fun night and I'm really looking forward to the music Derek creates in the future!

I'm headed to see my friend Raul [BASS.THOVEN] this weekend & then STS9 the weekend after next! Check back for a post each week because there are really sick shows in my area every weekend this month (when aren't there! Ha). And if you haven't done so already, "LIKE" my blog's facebook page! :-)

-Kaycie

No comments:

Post a Comment