Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SOUND TRIBE SECTOR 9 (STS9) - The Fillmore - Denver, CO 1/13-1/14 2012

STS9 - The Fillmore - Denver CO 1/13/12
I have SO much respect for STS9! I've known about them for a good while now, but really haven't been that into them until this past summer. I have many friends that are obsessed with this group, and haven't really understood why until I saw them at Red Rocks this past September. Those shows were amazing, just as these two shows this past weekend were. Except if I had to pick which set of shows were better, I'd pick the shows this weekend. Venues can really make or break the show that the artist puts on, and The Fillmore this past weekend was and is definitely a wonderful venue to see artists play live. It is a big indoor venue, and has many different viewing levels for the audience. The first time I ever saw STS9 was an outside venue that had sound restrictions (so it was NOT loud enough) and the crowd was too small for how big the venue was. Needless to say it just was not the greatest situation to get into a band for the first time. However if it was anyone's first time seeing them this weekend, I bet they'll tell you they had the time of their life. They always play really well put together sets, and you can download any specific show's set online. (Not many artists do this!)

STS9 - The Fillmore - Denver, CO 1/14/12

I am still learning so much of Sound Tribe's music, and the more I listen the more I love! They are so unique in their style, as they blend all kinds of genres of music together while adding intense bass with striking electronic sounds. Two of my favorite songs of theirs are "Golden Gate" and "The Rabble". I also love how they have a lot of piano in their songs! Check out my video from this weekend's show below of them playing their song, "Breathe In". It has really great visuals too! (Remember to mute my playlist).

I also enjoyed all of the friends I saw this weekend at these shows too. Including my girl Shannon who asked if this picture below was going to be on my blog. So thanks for asking Shannon, because you reminded me that I hadn't uploaded pictures of friends and myself on here in a while. So here we are at Sound Tribe!

Shannon, me, & Anna at STS9
STS9 really loves Colorado. They have played here numerous times over the last year, and I know they'll be back again soon in 2012. Their current tour is called "The Great Cycle Spectacles" and they claim it is unlike any show they've ever put on before. The tour is celebrating the end and the beginning of the Mayan calendar cycle, and the performance they put on for this is one of a kind. They are playing next in Chicago at the Congress Theatre on January 20th and 21st. If you're in the area, you definitely should go! I have a lot of friends headed to that show as well. I can't wait to hear what they think about it.

STS9 - The Fillmore - Denver, CO 1/14/12
I'm headed to Big Gigantic this weekend and haven't seen them since I lived in Raleigh sometime last year so I'm super excited because they just had a new album come out! It came out January 11th and is called Nocturnal, definitely should check it out! :-D

-Kaycie

No comments:

Post a Comment