Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Glitch Mob Concert on September 2nd, 2010

Ok. One mistake on my last blog that I have to correct. I now know that Marty Party is in fact not a "ya'll" but a "he"! And if I may say so myself, Marty Party is the most entertaining artist to watch on stage! (My personal words were 'adorable' but he'd probably rather me not call him that.) So like I said, I went to The Glitch Mob concert this past Thursday night and it was 10 times better than the show I went to in Greensboro. Marty Party played before Glitch Mob, and he was AWESOME. I loved every single one of the songs he played. He even added in Rude Boy TC Remix which I'm personally obsessed with...so that definitely made my night. The reason I called him adorable is because of the way he was dancing along with his music. I've seen DJ's bob their heads and such while they're mixing but he was just jumping all around the stage and it was really funny and just made it fun for the crowd to watch as well. He actually had to be told 3 times to get off the stage (probably shouldn't tell people this) but the backstage crew came on once and gave him the 5 minute signal, and about 30 minutes later he finally got off - yet I could have watched him all night. OH, and he's South African and his accent was great! (yes met him!)

So then Glitch Mob played and they were great. They were better [than the Greensboro show] as far as their music and the way they transitioned into their songs this time was better, but I liked the visual effects better in Greensboro. This probably was due to the venue because The Neighborhood Theatre (where they were Thursday night) didn't have a backdrop screen for them to use, so they used a really cool light system of their own instead. Here's a picture I snapped of edIT, from Glitch Mob..
back of Kevin & edIT from The Glitch Mob on stage
Before Marty Party, Mindelixir played and he was really entertaining for an opening act, before an opening act! He mixed his songs really well and was just a really impressive artist (better than most opening acts I've seen recently and impressive meaning I liked his songs). Basic Operations played before Mindelixir but since I was traveling from Raleigh and had class there until 5:45, I missed them. Between Marty Party and Glitch Mob, I got to meet him (Bill from Mindelixir), which then lead me to meet Marty Party (Marty Folb)! Here's my picture with them!
Mindelixir & Marty Party at the Neighborhood Theatre
I think my flash mighta been a little bright ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love neighborhood theatre! It's an awesome venue for artists like this. The acoustics are awesome and you can really feel the music coming from everywhere around you. The space is well set-up too, I think. You can chill in the back with a drink or get wild-n-out in front of the stage!!
    Bassnectar is playing there at the end of September and I'll be psyched to see how he rocks out at neighborhood. WOMP WOMP WOMP WOOOOOOOOOOOMP :) :) :)

    Looks like you had a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete