Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pretty Lights Concert, March 31st at the Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh

So it's funny how I started out my blog talking about Pretty Lights, because the Pretty Lights concert I went to back in March is what started me on loving this kind of music. My boyfriend went to a Rusko & Major Lazor concert the night before Pretty Lights and still to this day says it was the best concert he's been to yet (really jealous). So the night of Pretty Lights I debated on whether or not I should go. I hadn't heard much about them before and had no idea what was yet to come on my passion for music groups like this one. Since my boyfriend (Kevin from now on) had so much fun the night before, I ended up deciding to go and boy am I glad I did. Pretty Lights music is now probably my favorite of anyone else I like (or at least top 3), because I think it's the most fun to dance to, and can play it in front of my parents without them thinking I'm crazy (much unlike the other dubstep I listen to). Everyone literally danced the whole time at the concert and I think that's partly due to the fact that Pretty Lights never stops playing. They transition each song into the next one which just makes their show into a big dance party for everyone. There's also something about their music that when you hear it, you can tell it's a song by them right off the bat..or at least I think I can, haha. Here's one of their newest songs called Hot Like Dimes that somewhat resembles "Hot Like Sauce" - an older, more well-known song from them. The show I went to really was just awesome though because not only do the members of Pretty Lights make it fun for the crowd, but their lights (hence the name) are the best I've seen yet...(Phish was pretty darn close though and probably would have been just as good if I had been closer to the stage..more to come about the Phish concert later).

No comments:

Post a Comment