Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Datsik (Raleigh 7/16) & The Glitch Mob (Asheville 7/17)

Hey everybody! I can't believe it. Kevin and I are completely moved into our apartment in Denver, Colorado and we couldn't be more happy and excited. We got our Internet hooked up yesterday (finally), so I'm glad I now have access to my blog again since I haven't gotten the chance to tell about the Datsik and Glitch Mob shows I went to recently in North Carolina.
Datsik in Raleigh, NC at the Lincoln Theatre
Datsik was dat SIK... haha. But no really, I was so happy to finally get to see him without any interruptions because at Ultra and Starscape Music Festivals we didn't get to see his entire set due to other producers playing at the same time. I am a huge dubstep fan, so if you are too then Datsik would be a music producer you definitely should go and see if you get the chance. He didn't play two of my favorite songs of his, "Wake Up Call" and "Southpaw" but he played all of the rest, including "Animale"which Elise Goodrich and I freaked out to the second it came on. :-D Check out my video below of Datsik at the Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh. This video starts out with some Skrillex and ends with one of Datsik's songs called "Gizmo". (Remember to mute my music playlist).
Datsik dove into the crowd TWICE too. YES, in Raleigh! Haha I didn't think the Raleigh crowd would be crazy enough for him but we pulled through! He even mentioned that he was surprised at how pumped up the crowd was (and in the first picture of this blog post you can sort of see I captured one of the jumps). At the end, he stuck around to shake some people's hands and Kevin, being 6'6'', just yelled "YO TROY" (Datsik's name) and he turned around and gave Kevin his full attention which was pretty funny. Fortunately this gave us girls the opportunity to get a picture with him! Needless to say, Datsik was sick in concert and makes sick music. I look forward to his new stuff in the future.
Julianna, Elise, Hanna & me with DATSIK 7/16/11
The next night was The Glitch Mob in Asheville, NC at The Orange Peel, a very well-known venue in the music industry. This was my 5th time seeing these guys, and they have changed up their show in so many ways each time I've seen them (for example they have completely new lights that you can see in the last picture of this post). I also feel personally connected to them (there are 3 guys in the Glitch Mob, Edit, Ooah, and Boreta are their separate producer names) as the first time I saw them in Greensboro, NC over a year ago we all got to meet and talk to them for a while after the show and I've talked to them many times since via social media networks. The crowd was also not very big that first time I saw them, but each time I've seen them it's gotten bigger (not to mention they played before Bassnectar at Bass Center 2 this past February which was a sold out convention center). It is so cool to see how much they've grown over the last year, and I look forward to seeing them expand in this music industry even more in the future. At this specific show, they had a female performer on stage during a few songs. I'm talking like Cirque Du Soleil style female performer, doing crazy exotic dances while swinging and hanging from a curtain! See for yourself in my video below.
Crazy right? She definitely added that extra something to their show! She also knew what the hell she was doing! I'm not sure if she's with them on tour or not, but I'd say it's a pretty clever tactic for The Glitch Mob to do. After the show, the guys stuck around as usual to say hello to their fans, and Elise Goodrich and I lucked out with signed drumsticks from Edit! I'm currently displaying one of these in my new apartment in Denver ;-) haha.. but then of course we asked to take a picture with him, and then we got to take a picture with Boreta too.
Boreta from The Glitch Mob
Edit from The Glitch Mob
If you aren't an extreme bass fan but are interested in chiller upbeat electronic music, I'd definitely recommend The Glitch Mob. These guys just came out with a new EP a few weeks ago called, "We Can Make the World Stop" which you can check out on iTunes or at their website. If you want to hear an oldie but a goodie, listen to "Drive It Like You Stole It". The Glitch Mob has a really interesting style (that is also easy to recognize) and that's another reason why I like them so much. They show you exactly how they make their music right there on stage in front of you and incorporate drums while doing so. They're also SUPER nice. :-)


The Glitch Mob in Asheville, NC at The Orange Peel
Now that I'm a Denver resident I'll be hitting up Flux Pavilion and Doctor P this Saturday night!!! My birthday is Sunday so since I'll be at the show at midnight on Saturday, I'm considering this show my birthday party. :-D Pretty freakin' excited since Flux and Doctor P are two of my favorite music producers. Sick videos and pics will be coming I'm sure! 

Have a great afternoon!
-Kaycie

No comments:

Post a Comment