Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Monday, August 8, 2011

FLUX PAVILION & DOCTOR P - Sold Out Fillmore in Denver, Colorado

WOW. I cannot believe Flux & Doctor P hadn't played in the "dubstep capital of America" until this past Saturday!!! They both were so pumped up for this show because they had been hearing things for weeks about how crazy this crowd was going to be for them, and we proved them right!
Crowd during Flux Pavilion & Doctor P - The Fillmore - Denver, CO
I was so excited for this show because not only are Flux Pavilion & Doctor P two of my top favorite music producers, but it was my birthday at midnight during the show! As soon as we got through the gates of the venue, there were Circus clowns walking around everywhere! To explain this, Flux Pavilion and Doctor P share a music label called "Circus Records." These guys not only come as a package deal pretty much wherever you see them, but they also have been really good friends for a long time. Everyone was loving the circus clowns! Including my best friend Anna and me (she just moved to Denver as well, how perfect?!)

I also thought The Fillmore was one of the coolest venues I've been to. You walk in having no idea what to expect since it looks like such a small building on a street corner, to find a huge dance floor and stage directly in front of you. The Fillmore in North Carolina is big just like this one, except the one in NC has many more elevated floors. They both share the gorgeous purple-ish/pink chandeliers though which I think are really cool and a nice touch! Doctor P isn't as popular as Flux Pavilion yet, but I know he's going to get there because everyone goes absolutely nuts at his shows, and I love every single one of his songs. Check out my video below of him dropping "Last One Standing", one of my favorites from him. (Remember to mute my music playlist).
I was surprised I didn't capture more of the crowd in that video, but don't you worry... check out THIS video below of Flux playing "Gold Dust"at the end of the show. Being that this song is probably his most popular, the crowd went insane!!!
Seriously if these two guys ever come to your town, do not miss the show. Tickets will sell out fast for these two and you can see why! If you liked what you heard in my first Doctor P video, check out some of these songs: "Sick Tonight" - "Star" - "Sweet Shop" - "Watch Out"- and these from Flux Pavilion: "All The Eastern Girls" - "Blue Skies" - "Haunt You" - "Lines In Wax" - or you can just YouTube them and find sick ones yourself. :-) Here's one more though for easy access: "Louder" by both of them!
Flux Pavilion & Doctor P, The Fillmore - Denver, CO
Next up - Pendulum this Wednesday, Pretty Lights on Friday, then Ghostland Observatory and Thievery Corporation on Sunday!!! Fun-filled week I'd say! Stay tuned for the next post. :-)

-Kaycie

1 comment:

  1. Dope post. So jealous you get to see Swire and them knife party boys wednesday.

    ReplyDelete