Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MINNESOTA & PAPER DIAMOND - JANTSEN & INFECTED MUSHROOM ... A Weekend Full of BASS!

WOAH! What an awesome weekend I just had packed full of great music! Friday night Kevin & I went to see Paper Diamond with Minnesota, and Saturday we saw Infected Mushroom with Jantsen! Both at the Ogden Theatre in Denver. Then later on Saturday night we stumbled upon Funtcase at a venue called Cervantes.
Minnesota at Ogden Theatre, Denver CO 11/4/11
Minnesota played some awesome songs on Friday night. We got to the venue right when he started and for a second I had to make sure it wasn't Paper Diamond, because the entire venue was packed and raging like he was the main act. I had heard really good things about Minnesota before this weekend and now I can see why because Minnesota puts together a great set. I was most familiar with his remix of "Push It" before seeing him so when I heard this one come on I took a video. It remixes into some other songs too! Check it out below. (Remember to mute my music playlist!)


Paper Diamond was next and he was really good too! I loved his set up with his lights on stage and it cracked me up how he was waving his iPad in the air to his music, as you can see in my video below. I had only seen him once before but only for a little bit because he came on at 4am at Starscape Music Fest and it was getting pretty late at that point of the day-long festival! If you go to this website and scroll down, you can download Paper Diamond's "Levitate" EP for FREE! Along with a lot of other sick music on that website including Paul Basic, SuperVision, Gramatik, Break Science, and Michal Menert (all are on the Pretty Lights record label). The crowd is going nuttts in my Paper Diamond video!

Paper Diamond at Ogden Theatre, Denver CO 11/4/11

Saturday night we got to the Ogden Theatre again just in time for Jantsen! Jantsen, who has made numerous songs with Bassnectar (like "Red Step" and "Ready 2 Rage") is an awesome electronic music artist that lives right here in Denver, CO! I try to see him every chance I get (possibly again this Wednesday night for free!) but the first time I saw him before Skism it really was a sick show that sold me over as a fan. In my opinion, he is definitely an artist worth checking out. I'm bummed I don't have a video of him to show.. I'm assuming I was too into his set to stop and take a video!

Juiceboxbox Photographing Jantsen at Ogden Theatre, Denver CO 11/5/11
Jantsen, picture from Facebook
After Jantsen was Infected Mushroom which I have to say was quite interesting! Their music is not like most of the electronic music concerts I go to and write about, but since it was an electronic music event on the night of Kevin's birthday, AND because Jantsen was opening, we decided to check it out. Infected Mushroom's style incorporates guitars and heavy bass along with vocals. They have some sick lazers and lights too! Besides the normal stuff, they had this blow-up mushroom doll on stage that I thought looked pretty hilarious and awesome. The vocals guy also was extremely energetic (as was the whole group really) but he was literally jumping up and down the whole time, spinning in circles, and getting the crowd pumped up - having a great time. We enjoyed watching them and afterwards we headed to another venue to catch the end of Funtcase. I had heard of him before, but I had no idea how good he was going to be!

Infected Mushroom at Ogden Theatre, Denver CO 11/5/11
My camera died at Funtcase so I couldn't catch the sickest songs he played, but I did get one video that shows some of his set. This weekend was definitely fun and I'm glad I got to experience some new artists for the first time!


Talk again soon - November in Denver is FILLED with awesome music!!!
-Kaycie

No comments:

Post a Comment