Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Friday, November 18, 2011

SAVOY & THE POLISH AMBASSADOR - The Fillmore, Denver CO 11/11/11

Hello everyone! I tried to get in touch with Savoy or The Polish Ambassador about being guest listed for this show and when I finally got in contact with them, they didn't have anymore spots! But whatdya know, at the last minute literally hours before the show, I won two VIP passes from The Polish Ambassador himself! Getting tickets for free every now and then is the only way to survive in Denver, Colorado where there are three or four good shows to go to a week!
The Polish Ambassador - The Fillmore, Denver CO 11/11/11
Unfortunately when I got there The Polish Ambassador had already started so I didn't get to see his entire set,  but I caught a video of him towards of the end that you can view below! (Remember to mute my music playlist). A quote from Swaager, who wrote a review of the show said, "Rocking his $3.99 thrift store bought, bright neon-colored jump suit, David Sugalski, aka The Polish Ambassador, set the tone for an unforgettable night with his unique sound that always gets the crowd bouncing. Using an eclectic combination of 80's pop synth, hip hop, and new age electro, The Polish Ambassador achieved a truly innovative sound that we have not found anywhere else." For the entire review from Swaager about The Polish Ambassador and Savoy at The Fillmore, check out this link, it's a pretty awesome review!
The Polish Ambassador - The Fillmore, Denver CO 11/11/11

Next up was Savoy. I love Savoy, mainly because of the dubstep songs they've been throwing out during their sets. (Most of their songs sound like house to me, but they do have an electronic dance-hall rock-and-roll style as well).  I am obsessed with their song "I'm In Need" that I talked about in an earlier blog post when I saw them before STS9 at Red Rocks this past September. BUT, there is still this unknown song that I need. to. know. the name of! On their website it is listed as "DIY preview," so maybe DIY is the name? Anywho, when these two songs came on I most definitely wasn't holding my video camera steady. So once again, I don't have a video of this SICK song but trust me - go see them live and you'll hear it. Here is someone's video from their Red Rocks show of the song if you want to know what I'm talking about. Soooo good! If anyone knows somewhere else to find the real name, hit me up! Below is a video I took during their set. As you'll be able to tell, their lazers are amazing too!

Savoy - The Fillmore, Denver CO 11/11/11

Thanks for reading! I'm headed to Pantyraid this Saturday which is going to be a great time. Pantyraid is made up of Ooah from The Glitch Mob and MartyParty! So you know them two put together will make for some good music.

-Kaycie

No comments:

Post a Comment