Upcoming Topics!

Upcoming

Thievery Corporation in Vail, CO 4/9

Rusko at the 1st Bank Center - 4/20

Nero at Ogden Theatre - 4/24

Bassnectar at Red Rocks - 6/1 & 6/2

STS9 at Red Rocks - 6/16

Saturday, November 26, 2011

PANTYRAID With NIT GRIT & PROJECT ASPECT - The Fillmore, Denver CO 11/19/11

Pantyraid, picture from Pantyraid's Facebook
I really enjoyed Pantyraid, Nit Grit, and Project Aspect last weekend at The Fillmore! I was so excited to see Pantyraid for the first time, even though it didn't really feel like it at first since I have seen Marty Party and The Glitch Mob so many times before! (Pantyraid is made up of Josh Mayer [Ooah] from The Glitch Mob, and Marty Folb from Marty Party). They really are a great duo and I wasn't expecting a lot of the songs that they played. I'm used to more chill songs from them, but they definitely played some crazy stuff. I'm most familiar with both of their other music, so when I got to hear what they had cooked up for this Denver show, it was really fun and refreshing. I love how they take part in Pantyraid for fun - kind of like a "side" project to their main works of music. They don't go on tour but they book shows about once a month around the country, so I'm glad I caught one! (They are looking to tour in the future though, just when the time is right). Check out the video below that Westword of Denver put on their webpage. Remember to mute my music playlist.


We made it up to the front rail during Pantyraid and I was enjoying the music so much that I didn't take a video of my own! So I hope the one above made up for it. I took one of Project Aspect though, an electronic music artist based out of Denver, Colorado! He was AWESOME. I can't wait to see him again in Colorado soon (he's playing with Love & Light on February 4th in Denver to be exact)! Nit Grit was great too! Here is one of my favorite songs that's by him, sooo sick! - "Know Us" - Love & Light (Nit Grit Remix)


Next weekend - Beat's Antique at The Fillmore! (where else?) Can't WAIT!
-Kaycie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment